This trick to compress PNG files is thanks to the following articles and the Crush PNG developer combined by Seamus Diamond for use on Windows 7.
Readme Author: Seamus Diamond (www.freemancontingent.ie & www.seamusdiamond.com)
0) Download and unzip the file above and you’ll reveal the pngcrush folder it contains (thanks Daniel)
1) Copy the folder and it’s contents to the c: root
2) copy the two shortcut files contained in the folder to your “SendTo” folder in windows
– you can open the SendTo folder by clicking the windows button and typing “shell:sendto”
– or you’ll find the SendTo folder here: UsersyourusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsSendTo
— Note: the AppData folder is hidden
1) right-click on a png file, click send to, click Crush PNG (or brute)
– an alternative method is to drag a .png image file onto the shortcut icon
– Note: the brute version may compress further but takes longer
2) look for your new image with “2.png” appended to the original name
If it doesn’t work check these potential issues.
-> is the path correct in the shortcut before you copied it or used it?
-> is the image you want to compress a png and not jpg or other?